About me
Name:
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
American Flag League

Rebel Alliance

Alliance

"Moe wouldn't trade me his chicken sammich for a nice, cool puppy smoothie. Indeed!"

- Glenn Reynolds

(This is a Filthy Lie)

Homespun Bloggers

Blogs For Bush

Blogs Against Hillary

Republican Attack Squad

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Obey The Cooter

It seems Ben Jones (AKA Cooter Davenport) is less than thrilled with the new 'Dukes of Hazzard' movie.

I can't say that I blame him. I ain't a prude neither, but Hollyweird ought not be using so much sex and foul language to try and push their remake of a classic family show. And yes, 'Dukes' was a family show, whether one realizes it or not. I can't think of an episode where there was even a "damn" said. Aside from Daisy in her shorty-short shorts (AKA Daisy Dukes) there was very little in the show that even the most prudish person could find fault with.

Every single episode ended with a strong moral lesson to the story. Tell me how often you can see that in modern shows. You can't. Well, 'Walker, Texas Ranger' is pretty dadgummed good, and always contains a wonderful message too.

Ok, aside from those two shows, you can't cite me one.

I had intended to see the new 'Dukes' flick next month, but now I won't. I will watch it some day, after it's on video, but I am not gonna spend $8 of my money to line the pockets of the Hollyweird heathens who made it. It's a matter of principle, and I'm gonna trust Ben Jones on this one.

Afterall, he's Cooter. And what real man don't love Cooter?

0 Old Comments:


Click here to visit the Capitalism Web Site!